this version is in effect since december 21, 2012
Please be sure to read this Policy before using and submitting personal information via the Website or Electronic Communications. By using the Website and submitting personal information via the Website or Electronic Communications, you signify your consent to Doris’ collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time.
If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not submit your personal information to us.
Information Automatically Collected
1. Non-Identifiable Information - Like many other websites, the Website automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Website users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Website you visit, the Website pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Website. This non-identifiable information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website. Doris may also use non-identifiable information to initiate interactive, real-time discussions with users. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
3. Your Personal Information - You may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and/or credit card information) for a variety of purposes during your use of the Website and/or via Electronic Communications. If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to access certain features or areas of the Website, and/or Doris may not be able to communicate with you, or process your request or order, as the case may be.
4. Use of Your Personal Information - Doris may use your personal information for the following purposes: (i) to contact and correspond with you, and to respond to your inquiries, (ii) to confirm your identity and/or age, (iii) to provide you with information regarding products, services and offers, which may be of interest to you, or for other marketing purposes, (iv) to administer customer surveys, contests and other promotions, in which you participate, (v) to process your online order for Doris products, to the extent the Website offers products for sale online, (vi) to facilitate and enhance your use of the Website, (vii) to improve our products and services, and (viii) as otherwise permitted or required by law. Generally, Doris will consider the fact that you have voluntarily visited the Website and have provided Doris with your name, story and/or experience using Doris’s products to signify your consent for Doris to post all such information on the Website, without further consent or consideration. Doris may develop a confidential customer profile for you, which will be used to provide the very best service to you. Additionally, Doris may keep a record of all correspondence with you. Only Doris employees with proper authorization will have access to your personal information, and only to the extent necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, as amended from time to time.
5. Email from Doris – If you contact Doris via Electronic Communications or otherwise indicate that you would like to receive information from Doris, then Doris may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about Doris, its products and services and other matters Doris believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Doris to stop sending you email and other information by contacting . Also, each email Doris sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email. From time to time Doris may also send to you email containing important information regarding the Website, which you may not opt out of receiving.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - Doris may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
(i) Disclosure to Service Providers – In order to process orders and transactions, to the extent the Website offers products for sale online, some of your personal information will be collected and used by service providers, including, without limitation, your credit card issuer, the product handler and the delivery service;
(ii) Disclosure in Business Transfers - Doris may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its assets, shares and/or business. As part of that sale or transfer, Doris may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring or resulting organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy;
(iii) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - Doris may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Doris has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to Doris’s legal counsel; and
(iv) As otherwise permitted or required by law.
7. Tracking Information - Doris may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Website user demographics and Website traffic patterns, and then provide those reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in the reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. Doris also may link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by Website users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy, as amended from time to time, and in accordance with applicable law.
8. Location of Information - Doris will store and process your personal information at its offices in Montreal, Province of Quebec, Canada and in Vancouver, Province of British Columbia, Canada.
9. Securing Your Information - To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Doris employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and Internet technologies, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and Doris cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. In particular, email sent to or from this Website or any Electronic Communications may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email or Electronic Communications. When you provide information, you do so at your own risk.
10. Accessing Your Personal Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about Doris’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting Doris at. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to have reasonable access to your personal information, and have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help Doris maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying Doris of any changes to your personal information.
11. Children under Thirteen (13) Years of Age – Doris will NOT knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about a child under thirteen (13) years of age without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Our Website and products sold thereon are all directed to people who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older. No personal information should be submitted to, or posted at, the Website by visitors under thirteen (13) years of age without the prior written consent of their parent or legal guardian.
12. Interactive Web Pages - Certain pages of the Website facilitate real-time interactive discussions between users and Doris employees regarding Doris’ products. Those discussions are initiated by Doris employees based upon non-identifiable information automatically collected about Website users. You are not obliged to engage in interactive discussions with Doris employees or provide any personal information during those discussions. Personal information you provide during interactive discussions through the Website will be used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy.
13. Contests and Promotions - If contests or other promotions are made available through the Website, the applicable contest or promotion rules may include rules regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. To the extent that those specific rules conflict with this Policy, the particular contest or promotion rules will govern the personal information collected in connection with the contest or promotion.
15. Former Users - If you stop using the Website or your permission to use the Website is terminated, Doris may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want Doris to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, or you do not wish Doris to disclose your personal information in business transfers, please notify Doris at.
16. Policy Changes - To accommodate changes in the Website, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Doris’s sole discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. Doris’s collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Your continued use of the Website and receipt or request of any Electronic Communications subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify that you consent to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Website or receive or request any Electronic Communication, you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version.
17. No Third Party Beneficiary – This Policy is personal between you and us, and no one else shall be deemed a third party beneficiary of this Policy.